January 12, 2008

Slow times in Lunenburg

All's well here in Lunenburg. Work is putting along nicely. The Picton Castle crew went out curling last night (a lot of fun), and the weather has been fantastic. The week before it was bitter cold, the coldest it's been all winter. It got down to -16c, and with the wind blowing... please! I could feel my breath freezing in my beard whenever I walked anywhere.
But today I am wearing a t-shirt, and went for a walk this morning in flip-flops.
We are expecting a lot of visits from friends in the coming weeks, but beyond that, the workweeks keep unrolling, and life keeps on its quiet pace.

3 comments:

Cara said...

You will have to teach me how to curl.

Anonymous said...

Ben: At the time I bet you would have never anticipated that the sweeping of p.h. in the boys bath house at camp would have its payout in the sport of curling! I know from my days of swimming that the training I did during the summer always paid out during the winter.

Anonymous said...

Just in case anyone else who is not scientifically inclined was wondering . . . I did an online conversion and discovered that -16c is 3 degrees Fahrenheit! Wow. That is damn cold! Although . . . I think it'd be cool to experience a climate that cold. I might not like it for the entire winter, but just to know what that feels like would be cool. Thanks for the update.